Following the mysterious death of his beloved father, classical musician Paul Bergson (Peter Firth, Equus, Tess, TV’s Spooks) is haunted by visions and nightmares. With his lover (Suzan Crowley, The Devil Inside), he travels to remote Turkey on a quest to find the Master Musician, only to encounter a creature of unimaginable evil.
Steeped in mysticism and music, and mixing the avant-garde with supernatural fantasy, stunning visuals and a terrific score by Colin Towns, Born of Fire is a bold and poetic horror film from one of international cinema’s great maverick talents.
INDICATOR STANDARD EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
- High Definition remaster
- Original mono audio
- Qâf – The Sacred Mountain (1985, 27 mins): Jamil Dehlavi’s acclaimed art-documentary, shot during the production of Born of Fire and featuring a soundtrack by Tangerine Dream and Popol Vuh, chronicles a volcanic eruption in exquisite and hypnotic detail
- Playing with Fire (2018, 18 mins): director Jamil Dehlavi discusses the making of Born of Fire and Qâf
- The Silent One Speaks (2018, 35 mins): iconic actor Nabil Shaban recalls his experience of working on the film
- Interview with Peter Firth (2009, 13 mins): the celebrated actor reflects on his time working with Dehlavi and his fellow actors
- In Another World (2018, 17 mins): interview with composer Colin Towns
- US trailer
- Stills and posters gallery
- Location photography: a gallery of images from actor Nabil Shaban’s personal collection
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing