NO CHILDREN. NO FUTURE. NO HOPE.
Academy Award®-winner Alfonso Cuarón (Gravity, Y Tu Mamá También) is renowned for his bold and ambitious camerawork, pushing technology to its limits in his pursuit of cinematic truth. With 2006’s Children of Men, he delivers one of the most chilling and visceral works of cinematic speculative fiction in recent memory.
In 2027, following eighteen years of global human infertility, the world is a bleak and hostile place. Former activist Theo (Clive Owen, Gosford Park, Shadow Dancer) drifts through the violence-riven streets of London without hope or purpose. However, when he reluctantly agrees to help former lover Julian (Julianne Moore, The Fugitive) smuggle a miraculously pregnant woman out of the country, he is unwittingly thrust into the role of all that stands between the human race and its extinction. As the country descends into anarchy and the authorities close in, Theo must race against time to secure safe passage for the humanity’s only hope of salvation.
Based on the dystopian novel by P.D. James and co-starring Michael Caine (Pulp) and Clare-Hope Ashitey (Seven Seconds), Children of Men offers a powerful and frightening glimpse at a future that, more than a decade later, feels even more chillingly prescient than at the time of its original release.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original 5.1 DTS-HD master audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• New audio commentary by author and critic Bryan Reesman
• There is No Future, a new video appreciation by film historian Philip Kemp
• Fertility & Progeny, a new video essay by author and critic Kat Ellinger
• The Possibility of Hope, an archival documentary featuring interviews with activist Naomi Klein, philosopher Slavoj Žižek and others, exploring the film’s resonance with contemporary current affairs
• Comments by Slavoj Žižek, an archival featurette on the film’s themes
• Creating the Baby, an archival featurette on the film’s visual effects
• Futuristic Design, an archival featurette on the film’s sets
• Theo & Julian, an archival featurette on Clive Owen, Julianne Moore and their characters
• Under Attack, an archival featurette on the film’s ground-breaking camerawork
• Deleted scenes
• Image gallery
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Corey Brickley
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Mark Cunliffe and Amy Simmons
THIS IS A PREORDER DISC THAT IS DUE TO BE RELEASED ON OR ABOUT 11/2018
ALL ITEMS ORDERED TOGETHER WILL BE CHARGED AT THE TIME OF THE ORDER
AND SHIP TOGETHER WHEN EVERYTHING IS IN STOCK. PLEASE PLACE MULTIPLE
ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE ITEMS SHIPPED AS THEY ARRIVE
WE ONLY OFFER STORE CREDIT FOR THE CANCELLATION OF ANY PREORDER
ALL DETAILS, INCLUDING RELEASE DATE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE