101 Films presents Christopher Nolan’s Memento. Released in 2000 after a lengthy quest for distribution, Christopher Nolan’s landmark mind-bending thriller was released to universal acclaim receiving multiple Academy Award® nominations and has since gone on to become a cult classic. Following up his debut effort Following (1998) Nolan once again uses a meticulously crafted structure to place the audience inside the protagonist’s mind. This time, like Leonard we can never truly tell friend from foe, as everyone around him seeks to manipulate his condition to their own ends, while he himself seeks the truth. The brilliance of Memento lies in its ability to show you something new and thrill with each viewing.
Leonard (Guy Pearce) suffers from a rare brain disorder – the inability to form any new memories.
He can remember in detail everything that happened before his injury, but anyone he has met or anything he has done since that fateful night simply vanishes. Who are his friends? Who are his enemies? What is the truth? In Leonard’s world, the answers to these questions shift and change from second to second. And the more he tries to figure out what is true and real, the deeper he sinks into a multi-layered abyss of uncertainty and surprises.
Limited Edition Contents:
• Rigid box packaging
• Booklet one: Remembrance of things past: time and memory in Christopher Nolan’s Memento by James Mottram
• Booklet two: Jonathan Nolan’s Memento Mori short story
• Replica Polaroid art cards, printed notes and Ferdy’s beer mat enclosed in Leonard’s folder
• Bonus second disc featuring the chronological edit
Brand New on Disc Extras:
• Remember – Actor Carrie-Anne Moss on Memento
• Keepsake – Director Christopher Nolan on Memento
• Memento Mori – Writer Jonathan Nolan on Memento
• Memories – Producer Emma Thomas on Memento
• A Leap into the Unknown – Producer Aaron Ryder on Memento
• Musical Memories – Composer David Julyan on Memento
• Commentary with film critics James Mottram and Sean Hogan
• Christopher Nolan Project
• Remembering Memento
• Anatomy of a Scene
• IFC Interview with Christopher Nolan
• Director’s Commentary
THIS IS A REGION B DISC. PLEASE SEE THE FAQ IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOU CAN PLAY IT