Houston, Texas. Sometime in the near future. In the aftermath of the catastrophic collapse of America’s governmental and financial infrastructures, Dij is a pink-haired, crank-snorting, cyber-alchemist performing high priced hacks for hire from his fully mobile, holstered laptop. Dij navigates through a dystopian urban jungle, evading the ire of rival “government” street gangs and wielding his itinerant PC like a futuristic gunslinger, erasing phone bills and shutting down life support systems for a bounty of drugs, floppy discs, and cash. When Dij is hired by would-be terrorists to obtain a high-risk, weaponized computer virus, he instead finds himself involuntarily becoming the carrier of a far more insidious cargo – the fallout from which may lead to war, or even the end of all humanity as we know it.
A highly inventive and virtually undiscovered SOV masterpiece shot guerrilla style on the streets of Houston in 1992, No Resistance was the brainchild of Lunatic Fringe Productions, a Texas based film collective spearheaded by visionary director Tim Thomson and his equally imaginative writing & acting partners David Rains and Irving Cutter. A prophetic, futuristic knockout with a kinetic industrial noise rock soundtrack by Houston’s Pain Teens, it stands apart in the echelon of shot on video features by dwelling unabashedly in the realms of both action & science fiction. Like a dime-store Blade Runner by way of Yojimbo and filtered through the gritty lens of Deadbeat at Dawn, No Resistance remains one of the ‘90s most iconoclastic, cyberpunk, neo-noir sagas.
directed by: Tim Thomson
starring: David Rains, Chris Jones, Wendy M. Frasier, Irving Cutter, Bliss Blood
1994 / 85 min / 1.33:1 / English Stereo
- Region Free Blu-ray
- Audio commentary with writer / director Tim Thomson, producer Michael Schneider Jr., writer / actor David Rains & writer / actor Irving Cutter
- Audio commentary / music track with writer / director Tim Thomson, producer Michael Schneider Jr., & musician Scott Ayers of Pain Teens
- “Cyberpunk Yojimbo” -an interview with director Tim Thomson
- “No Re:” -pitch trailer for the proposed No Resistance original TV series (w/ optional audio commentary)
- “Coral Kiss” -Pain Teens music video by Tim Thomson (w/ two optional audio commentaries)
- “White Bunnies” -Truth Decay music video by Tim Thomson (w/ optional audio commentary)
- “3 by dr:op:fr:am+e” -music video by Tim Thomson
- Reversible cover art
- English SDH subtitles