This is the non slipcover version
Candy, a teenage heiress to a large fortune, is kidnapped by a trio of small time criminals on her way home from Catholic school. After burying her alive in an unmarked grave, the trio attempts to extort Candy’s father, a wealthy jeweler, for a hefty ransom. But, what seemed like a simple, straightforward kidnapping soon spirals out of control with violent consequences and Candy’s only hope for survival is a young mute boy who knows where she is buried.
Unflinchingly dark, violent, and merciless all the way through its notorious final shot, THE CANDY SNATCHERS remains one of the seminal pieces of early ‘70s cult filmmaking. The only theatrical feature directed by acclaimed screenwriter Guerdon Trueblood (Welcome Home Soldier Boys; Jaws 3-D), THE CANDY SNATCHERS stars Tiffany Bolling (Wicked Wicked), Ben Piazza (The Blues Brothers), Vince Martorano (Kojak), and Susan Sennett as Candy. Exquisitely shot by Robert Maxwell (Blood Mania), Vinegar Syndrome presents this key piece of drive-in cinema on Blu-ray for the very first time, newly restored in 4K from it’s camera negative.
directed by: Guerdon Trueblood
starring: Susan Sennett, Tiffany Bolling, Ben Piazza, Vince Martorano, Brad David, Dolores Dorn
1973 / 95 min / 1.85:1
• Region Free Blu-ray/DVD Combo
• Newly scanned & restored in 4k from its 35mm original camera negative
• “A Dark Film” – an interview with director Guerdon Trueblood
• “Snatching the Role” – an interview with actor Vince Martorano
• “Digging up the Past” – an interview with producer Gary Adelman
• Audio commentary with film historian Nathaniel Thompson
• Promotional still and archival article gallery
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles